Godt Nyttår! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Wishing everyone the best for a fabulous 2008!
It's time to list my resolutions......all of them are aimed at making my life happier and healthier.
- Yarn Diet - no new yarn purchases in January.
- Fiber Diet - no new fiber purchases in January.
- Organize at least ONE area of my house each week - starting with the yarn/fiber stash in the family room.
- Food Diet - eat sensibly....REALLY! I mean it!!!!!
- Do at least 10 minutes of yoga EVERY day (in addition to my 2 classes per week)
- Learn to let go....REALLY let go of the people and situations that cause unnecessary stress.
Thank goodness for "secret pals" and "swaps"! I can "satisfy" any urge to buy yarn or fiber by purchasing it for my "secret pals" or swap partners. Perhaps I won't feel deprived if I'm still able to make yarn purchases at the local yarn shops....I just can't purchase anything for me!
The food diet and yoga resolutions are mainly for my physical well being. The diet is definitely needed....but it will be sensible. For example, I will not be eating special diet foods or avoiding specific things....just eating sensibly with right sized portions. Also, I'll try to eliminate snacking - with the exception of fruit/popcorn. I'm definitely going to be firm on the junk food - no chips/cookies between meals. Of course, I'll have an occasional dessert.....I'm a realist, not a masochist! LOL! I am also making an allowance for a small bit of chocolate daily - after all, dark chocolate is good for the heart!
Yoga is definitely a must. In addition to the multiple physical benefits of yoga, it's beneficial for my emotional and spiritual health. It also provides a time for reflection and centering - something we have a tendency to neglect in the "hurry up and go" world we live in.
The final resolution is a very important one for me. When a person or situation causes undue stress, I need to realize that there are situations where there is nothing I can do to change the situation or the personality involved....and I just need to let it go.
What are your resolutions?