Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, December 02, 2007

More Projects....But No Time!

I've added some additional projects to my queue....as if I needed more projects!

My friend Lisa and I had been searching for the Dale of Norway Pattern Booklet #121 since August when we saw the lovely sweater that Yvonne had made. Unfortunately, none of the LYS's had a copy....and we couldn't find any on the web.....except for one place where they ONLY sold it as part of a kit for $130!!! ARGH!!!! I wanted a couple of the new Dale of Norway Pattern booklets as well. Nature's Yarns was able to get not only the new patterns, but the elusive booklet #121 as well! Yippee!!!! Now...to find the yarn....and the time to make it!



The Dale booklets came at the same time that my order for the Otto Merino in the "Wine" color way came in. I'm planning to make the "Tally Ho" vest - it's gorgeous - the lines of the pattern give the garment a very nice shape. (I got to try on the sample during the trunk show at Nature's Yarns - it was very figure flattering!)



There are some darling wash cloth patterns out there (thanks to Kay for reminding me about the Fiber Trends’ "Bathtime Blossoms"!). So, to make a long story short, while I was at the shop picking up my order, I picked up some gorgeous cotton for the washcloths as well.



Finally, I ordered some Fearless Fibers yarn....a total of 4 altogether, but one is a gift, so I can't "reveal" it here! The colors are gorgeous...and I love the names!


Deb Kessler (the dyer and seller of these fabulous yarns) not only produces some gorgeous hand-painted yarn, but provides absolutely fabulous customer service as well. I ordered Monday night and received my package...all the way from the West Coast...on Thursday.

She included a wonderful button that I absolutely love! "Make Gloves Not War" What a great sentiment!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Yay!! New projects!! :D

    Those yarns are lovely too.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Windyridge said…

    I love that button!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Windyridge said…

    Here I am typing away to you having left you a message on Ravelry yesterday when it occurred to me who you are. LOL

    Sometimes I am rather dim.........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home