Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving!

We have so many things to be thankful for! I hope everyone took the time to reflect on all the wonderful things that life has brought - friends, family, and natural beauty.

We all get so caught up in our daily lives that we sometimes forget to look at the beauty that surrounds us. I was blessed with the opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty that surrounded me on the ride out to our Tbanksgiving feast at my husband's grandmother's house.



Mema's home is about an hour away and the ride was absolutely beautiful! On the way, we were passed by a moving van....a Mayflower moving van - how funny is that???




Even though it's the latter part of November, only about half of the trees have lost their leaves. There is still quite a bit of color - especially in the maple trees. I managed to take quite a few shots of the mountains and the trees along the way.

















The gorgeous trees in front of the Moose Lodge as we approached the turn for Mema's. You can barely make out the mountains in the background - it was getting a bit hazy. Finally, the gorgeous view of the mountains from Mema's porch - they're really hazy....the front was moving in bringing colder weather.









Of course, I did manage to get a bit of knitting in before dinner. I finished one of my mom's bedsocks...and I hope to finish the second one tomorrow. (Sorry. No pictures as I want them to be a surprise!) Ideally, I'd like to make her yet another pair, but I'll have to work on that after all my other obligations are complete! I plan to attend a "spin-in" tomorrow near Hagerstown so I may not get to the second sock until I get back home that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home