Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Rhinebeck Trip...Day 3 - "Best in Show"

This fabulous creation definitely deserves it's own post. I have declared this as the "Best in Show". The very talented artist graciously let me photograph her work of art. It's the most beautiful felted landscape that I've ever seen. It's even more stunning in person. The depth of color and fine detail within this "painting" is absolutely incredible. I find it hard to believe that it's NOT painted with oils, but instead, is "painted" with custom dyed wool - the colors are so vibrant and the "painting" so realistic! The artist is definitely a master of her chosen medium!


Be sure to "click" on the photo for a closer view...I think you'll find it as incredible and beautiful as I do.

UPDATE: The artist is Leslie Samson from Ontario, Canada. She's also the author of a number of books about angora rabbits. She indicates that she uses high quality wool and angora in her felting creations - which is probably the reason they are so spectacular! Her website, Samson Angoras, is still under construction, but she has all her contact information listed. I can't wait till she gets her on-line gallery up and running - I'm anxious to see her other works.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think my jaw just hit the floor. That's absolutely incredible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home