Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, October 15, 2007

Countdown to Rhinebeck....

This weekend is fast approaching...and I'm getting ready for a fabulous time at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck. I'm even going to "initiate" a friend to the wonderful world of fiber. I'll be staying with my friend, Cathy, one of my high school buddies, so it will serve as somewhat of a reunion as well.

She's never been to a "sheep and wool festival", so she's quite intrigued. I think she'll enjoy it because there is so much to see and do - even if you haven't started knitting or spinning yet! I may also take this chance to teach her how to knit...NY gets pretty cold in the winter, and extra scarves are always handy...and they're the perfect vehicle to introduce knitting to a newbie!

In other knitting news, I'm ALMOST finished with my Lilith. However, I'm very upset at the yarn used for my last 6 inches of the shawl/vest/shrug. There were 4 knotted sections in rapid succession....two were within 2-3 rows of each other...and there's only 85 stitches per row! The worst part of all this is that it wasn't the mohair strand...which can easily be woven in and "stay put". It's the LINEN strand! I've had to frog back 4 rows to put the "knots/breaks" at the end of a row so they won't be quite as noticeable. ARGH!!! Now, I'll have a lot of "weaving in" to do once the Lilith is done. GRRR!!!

Oh...I have some fabulous new jewelry that I purchased from my friend Kris. She does wonderful work and has some lovely designs - necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. I love handcrafted items - they're so much more interesting than the mass produced items...and better made as well! You definitely need to check out Kris's website - she has tons of interesting information and links - felted items, recipes, jewelry, her blog, etc. I just love her felted bags as well.



Speaking of felted bags, Danielle finished her gorgeous "French Market Bag". Based on the results of several others, she decided to make it a bit larger than specified in the pattern. It came out the PERFECT size! We all love it! Can you believe it - I still haven't made mine yet...I guess I'm just a little behind the times, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home