Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Spinning and Weaving

Yesterday I had a fabulous day! I was a volunteer at the Handweavers Guild of America (HGA) booth at the annual Sewing and Quilting Expo. I was so excited when they contacted me and asked if I was available for a couple of hours. It's so much fun to represent a fiber group and chat with all the others that are interested in "anything fiber".

I reconnected with several of my friends from other fiber groups, as well as some knitting friends from other states. I did a lot of chatting as well as demo'd spinning using a drop spindle. (I also managed to work in a few purchases...including the purchase of some fabric for my "new" sewing machine.)

HGA had many books and some yarn for sale...as well as some fabulous socks! The HGA socks (designed by Sandy of HGA) are absolutely adorable - they're black with knitting sheep on them! You definitely have to check them out - they have an e-shop. They also organize the biennial Convergence Conference - it's in Tampa next year - June 22-28th 2008.

Did you know that Oct. 1 through Oct. 8th is National Spinning and Weaving Week? HGA has some ideas to help celebrate the week and share your craft here - National Spinning and Weaving Week.

Oh....last week I FINALLY finished spinning all my multi-colored wool - wahoo! I have a grand total of 1 lb 14.8 oz. of handspun yarn - definitely enough to make the Samus jacket! Now, all I have to do is wash it to set the twist and I'm ready to go. This photo shows my entire "pile" of this wonderfully colored wool. This is definitely a case where the finished yarn is even prettier than the I had imagined! I just love it!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    Congratulations on spinning up all that fiber. The green yarn looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home