Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, September 09, 2007

In a Bit of a Knitting Funk....

This will be a bit of a light post - I'm in somewhat of a knitting funk. The only knitting I've done this week has been on the second "Purple Splendor" Wildfoote sock....after all, we've got to avoid "second sock syndrome". I worked on it last Sunday and Wednesday, but haven't touched it since. It's already about 2/5 of the way done...not quite to the halfway point, but very close. I'm hoping to get "renewed interest" in it so I can get it done and add another FO to my list!

As for the Noni Bag, it's dry and I still have to make the flowers. I still haven't decided how many stems or how many blooms per stem. I should do that soon so I can get them knit up and felted - that's the only hold up on the bag. I also need to decide if I'm going to line it or not.

Tuesday, at spinning, I almost completed the second bobbin with the green multi-colored wool. I only spun about another 1/2 hour last evening to finish off the bobbin. I spent the rest of the evening plying the yarn and finally finished a small skein. I finished a second small skein as well. I decided to make a large skein with the remainder - I completed plying that skein this morning. People keep commenting that I have a boat load of the green roving...and I guess I do! It seems like I've been spinning and plying it forever! These three skeins barely made a dent in the 2 lbs. of roving I have to spin - they total 10 ounces, so I'm only about 1/4 done!


I love the luster of this wool - it didn't look real "exciting" as roving, but the spun yarn is very nice looking. The multi-colors also add some depth to the color which I really like - giving it almost a heathered look. It's going to make a fabulous jacket....if I ever get done spinning it! (I am having a bit of a problem over-spinning this yarn though....I'm not sure why.)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger GretchenX said…

    I love the color, and I'm sure it'll knit up wonderfully - I'm just glad to see you finished spinning all that purple you had a while back!

    :)
    G

     

Post a Comment

<< Home