Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Drool.......Fiber.....Cookies......

Oh, my! I just got "picture mail" from my friend Mia. She was "shopping for me by proxy" at Stitches Midwest and she's found the most incredible yarns and roving for me! She definitely knows what I like! And to think....we only met a bit over a year ago through Secret Pal 8! I'll be seeing her in a couple of weeks when we take the Indigo Dyeing class, "Indigo: A Blue Like No Other", at Springwater Fiber Workshop in Alexandria. I have been fascinated by the Indigo Dyeing methods since seeing some fabulous examples at the American Folk Life Festival in DC last month.

On a "non-knitting" note, I found some fabulous cookies when I went to the breadshop yesterday. Check out the size of these babies! They're incredibly good as well! And the name of the cookies, "Butterscotch Kilt Lifters"...what a hoot!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Kilt lifters?! What a great name! The stitches midwest marketplace was enormous! In fact that whole convention center was huge. Stitches was sharing it with the "Wizard World" expo. You should have seen the mostly female fiber people milling around in the lobby with the mostly male role playing people. Good times :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home