Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 26, 2007

And the Birthday Celebration Continues....



Thanks Nicol!!! Wow! Just when I think that it's finally over, my birthday celebration continues! I just received a fabulous package from Vegas from my friend, Nicol. I love presents! I also feel incredibly spoiled!



She's picked lots of fabulous purple yarns for me in absolutely incredible shades. First, there's "Nature's Palette" (100% Merino) in the "Orchid" color way...the color is very deep and rich and the yarn is very soft. Next is "Fabulously Zen Yarn" (50% Merino/50% Tencel) in the "Tea Cups" color way - hand painted. It's got varying shades of purple, some ecru, and a touch of mauve....it's a delight to look at and feel. There's also "Sea Wool" in the "Glacier" color way from the Fleece Artist (30% sea cell/70% Merino) - it's so soft! It feels like a cloud.....and it's machine washable too! The colors are gorgeous and you've got to love the name of the pattern that's on the ball band, "Sea Wool Bordello Socks"! Plus, she also included two sock patterns from Gardiner Yarn Works.
And as if that's not enough, she's even included some fabulous hand-dyed wool in purple, pink, and grey - it's luscious! I believe she dyed this herself - in my favorite colors too! The colors are very vibrant and I just love it! There's some hand-dyed BFL in a gorgeous variety of colors - I can't wait to start spinning it! (She knows that I love BFL....and I'm sure she dyed this herself, which makes it extra special!) And, to help me expand my spinning skills, she's included instructions, beads, and thread for spinning with beads!

Mohair - I forgot to include this on Saturday's post. Elizabeth also gave me several skeins of mohair blend (pink/mauve) and some tiny off-white mohair loop. She's allergic to mohair and since I like mohair and am not bothered by it, I've become the lucky recipient of even more mohair! Thanks Elizabeth!

Butterflies - I did find out what type of butterfly we saw on Saturday when we were surrounded by hundreds of the beauties while on our "yarny road trip" - it's the "Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly"....imagine that! Here I've made the "Swallowtail Shawl" and didn't recognize the "real thing"! It's also the official Virginia State Insect!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:46 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Happy Birthday... again!!! I love celebrations that last pratically all year round. :)

    Those goodies are absolutely lovely.. *drools* Lucky you.. :)

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    You got some really lovely pressies there! Very nice. Happy (Belated) Birthday!

    Funny about the Swallowtail. Mine is almost done (finally), and I don't think it looks much like a butterfly, so I can see why you wouldn't recognize one! :-)

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear the tomatoes have recovered. We have had weird summer weather, too (alternate weeks of hot and very dry and cool and very wet), which has confused many of my plants, but my tomatoes are growing like crazy. They're all still green, but I think the first few will begin to ripen soon....some of them are huge now! I can't wait. :-) There's nothing better than a fresh tomato...such a difference over the supermarket ones.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks for your comments! I loved all the pressies I got - I feel so fortunate!

    Lindsey - can't wait to see your finished Swallowtail! And I definitely agree with you about the tomatoes - home grown actually TASTE like tomatoes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home