Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Finally......Some Progress!

I was a bit slow starting on Mystery Stole 3, but now, I've made some progress. I finally cast-on yesterday and I've completed 90 of the 100 rows for Clue 1. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend, I'll have completed Clue 1 and started on Clue 2. I really like how it looks and now I'm very excited about completing it!

In effort to keep my sanity, especially if I have to "frog" any rows, I'm also working on the Louet Lilith in addition to my Wildfoote socks. These should provide some much needed "rest" from the stole should I become frustrated. The Lilith has a very soothing eyelet pattern....and the socks are definitely in the realm of "mindless knitting" as I'm using the "Hellen's Favorite Socks" pattern 3x1 rib once again. There's something comforting about having "back-up" projects! As you can see, the Lilith is barely started, but I anticipate completion by the end of the summer!

On a more "domestic" note......The old Hoover has been giving us a bit of a problem and we've had to replace the drive belt a number of times (It has NOTHING to do with long hair getting tangled around the beater bar and stressing the belt....honest!). Anyhow, the new bag less version started looking very appealing as it's currently the "shedding" season for my dog and every time we vacuum, we easily fill a bag! The bags have been getting harder and harder to find....plus, they've become a bit pricey. That coupled with the sheer volume of fur that is "discharged" from "The Guardian of the Wool" (pictured on left)on a daily basis, makes vacuuming a rather expensive chore.


The quest began for a new vacuum. A local shop had a very nice price on the bag less Hoover....PLUS a $40.00 coupon! Wahoo! DH and I went out in pursuit of the new Hoover yesterday, and voila....we got it! AND......joy of joys.....guess what color it is? PURPLE!!!! How cool is that? I am just thrilled....it makes me want to vacuum! Not really.....I was just getting carried away by the thought of a purple vacuum!


Oh, one other piece of good news....my tomato plants appear to have done a full recovery from the hail! Only some scarring on some of the tomatoes provide any hint of the icy barrage! Check out the big tomato on the "Mountain Girl" tomato plant!



Mmmmm - tomatoes!

Front to back:
Sweet 100's
Mountain Fresh
Roma
Health Kick

3 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    The MS3 stole looks lovely and aren't you quick! I've only got to row 35.. :(

    The Lilith looks lovely too and those tomatoes.... yummy.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Congrats on your tomatoes recovering, and on your new purple vacuum. You're really speeding right along on that stole. I joined MS3, but I've got so many things in progress, that I'm just going to print out the pattern and add it to my ever lengthening "to do" list.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I won't even mention my "to-do" list.......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home