Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, June 15, 2007

The Infamous Round "II-it"

I mentioned last weekend that my Mother's Day gift finally arrived. It was ordered way back at the beginning of May, but it's hand-crafted and the designer was awaiting parts for it, so I had to be patient.

When I started to open the shipping box, I could NOT understand why my dog was sooooo interested in my package. She's usually quite "bored" as I open boxes that contain knitting or spinning tools. This package was different. She kept trying to "beak" her way into the box - I'd only ever seen this behavior with fleeces.....not wood and metal tools! Her interest in the box was so intense thatI thought she was going to try to "crawl inside"!










It turns out that they wrapped my order with a crumpled portion of a dog food bag to provide some cushioning of my package in transit (What a great way to recycle!). Of course, Sandy honed in on the residual scent of dog food and HAD to see what was inside the box. She quickly lost interest once she saw that inside the box was my Round "II-it" from Indigo Hound. It's a fabulous device used to blend fibers and/or colors in preparation for spinning. They taught me how to use my wool combs as well as how to use the Round "II-it" at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.

When I get around to using it to blend colors (LOL....when I "get a Round II-it"), I'll post some more pictures - it's easier to "show" than to "describe" in this case. (I also realize that I forgot to include another part in the pictures below, but it will show up when I photograph this cool tool "in use".)










I received my order of Zephyr today from "The Knitting Zone". It's a lace weight yarn, 50% Merino/50% Silk - I chose the white. I'm going to use it for "Mystery Stole 3" which recommended either black or white for the best results. I ordered it on Tuesday....and it arrived today! The customer service is phenomenal! I was kept up to date on the entire process and received my order in record time. I highly recommend this vendor!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    What an interesting looking tool! Can't wait to see it in use. I'm guessing it rotates? Gorgeous pup!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home