Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Thank You Summer Secret Santa!

Wahoo! I got home this evening and waiting for me was a FABULOUS package from my Summer Secret Santa - all the way from the Netherlands! What a fantastic surprise! Based on the clue, I'm guessing that "Continental Cat" was my Secret Summer Santa. She really stalked me well....and did a FABULOUS job picking out just the right gifts for me! Thanks sooooo much!!!!

My package was filled with the most wonderful yarn/knitty goodies and LOTS of yummy chocolate. I even have two fabulous pattern books to select my next projects from. The gifts were all wrapped in purple and pink wrapping paper! Inside, there were also some packets of seeds so I can have some lovely summer flowers in my garden! In addition to all the knitting goodies and food, she included an MP3 of summer themed songs...which I can listen to while knitting, gardening, or whenever!














I just love the yarn - it's hand spun from Texel sheep wool. The natural colored is from Blue Texel Sheep. the colored is from hand spun hand dyed white Texel. It's fabulous!






Here's the information about the Texel sheep - I found it absolutely fascinating! I just love learning about the various breeds and their history! (Click on the photo to enlarge it for reading.)








Of course, one MUST have a respectable amount of chocolate to properly knit or spin. I think this will provide many hours of "knitting nourishment"....there are even sprinkles to put on my ice cream!




Thanks again for the absolutely wonderful package! I feel so special!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger ContinentalCat said…

    Yes, it was me, well done. Glad you liked it, and have fun!

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh man it is sooooo hard to give up chocolate - i hate depriving myself to one tiny freddo frog a week :( and your stash of goodies is screaming out to my taste buds right now! yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Ah....but don't forget that dark chocolate is good for you.....and good for your heart! Remember, the experts say that you need a small amount of chocolate every day - you're coming up short 6 "doses" per week!

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can do dark chocolate ;) i love the stuff, so a small bit a night you say, hee hee! thats it tomorrow im getting some!

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    That is a beautiful haul there! :)

    You were well and truly stalked and CC did a fab job.. :)

    Enjoy it all.. including the chocs!

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Mmmmm....I've already started to enjoy the chocolate. CC even sent enough that I'm sharing with DH....so he's happy too! And yes....she did a fantastic job with the package!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home