Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Knittin', Spinnin', and Parties

Whew! What a whirlwind few days! After driving 14 1/2 hrs. straight through to central Illinois, I managed to setup my spinning wheel and work in a bit of spinning - mainly to "recuperate" from the stress of the drive! I managed to work in some spinning two more times during my visit, so I made a bit of a dent in the Peacock colored Merino/Tencel that I got from "The Drafting Zone". It spins up like butter! (Just before I left for Illinois, I finished spinning the deep lilac colored Merino/Tencel and plied it - I needed the bobbins for my trip, so I had a marathon "plying session" last Wednesday AFTER my knitting guild meeting!)

Since arriving in Illinois, I've attended two parties - one was planned - my Aunt's 70th Birthday party...which was the reason I came to Illinois in the first place! The second party wasn't planned (at least by me!). It was a surprise birthday party for me with most of my cousins and aunts and uncles. You could have knocked me over with a feather - I was so surprised! It was wonderful having everyone there! Thanks mom and dad! Thanks sis! What a fabulous surprise! (My birthday isn't until next month, but obviously, I've already started partying!)

Leave it to me to find a "fiber animal" at my Aunt's birthday party! I found that my cousins had not only miniature horses, but a Llama as well! Poor guy....he's so lonely! He actually belonged to another cousin, but the other male llama at his original home tried to kill this sweet guy....so he moved in with the miniature horses at my other cousin's place. This llama is VERY sweet.....see how he's trying to kiss my daughter?



And then, there's all the precious little kitties at my Aunt's house. She always has a bunch of new kitties every spring, but the calicos are my favorites. Isn't this little guy adorable? My aunt even had to hand raise an entire litter this year - the mama gave birth to them under the "burn pile", so they had to be "rescued". Once they'd been touched, though, the mama rejected them and they had to be hand fed and cared for! My aunt even went out and purchased special bottles and milk so she could feed them.

On the knitting front, I completed quite a bit more of the beaded scarf.....I'll have an updated picture later today...or perhaps tomorrow. The scarf was easy enough to work on while visiting, so I managed to work in quite a bit of "scarf kntting time".

I'm in Michigan now....visiting my daughter and planning a trek over to ThreadBear Fiber Arts Studio....and also perhaps to Rae's Yarn Boutique! Poor hubby had to stay back home and go to work while I trek all over the countryside visiting family and yarn shops. (Secretly, I think he's relieved that he DOESN'T have to ride in the car for hours on end OR visit yarn shops.....not high on his list of "things to do"!)

Oh, my! I've been TAGGED by Mia. Now, I have to come up with 7 random things about myself....and tag 7 other people! ARGH!!! (Last year, we only had to tell 6 random things.....and tag 6 people!) I'd better get busy on this now - most of my blogging friends have ALREADY been tagged, so it's going to be a challenge for me to come up with untagged "victims"....er, I mean friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home