Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fait Accompli!

This past weekend (Sunday), I FINALLY finished the Sockotta socks.
They fit perfectly! It's a bit too hot right now to wear them, but on cooler nights or this fall,I'm sure they'll be perfect. The two socks differ slightly, even though they're from the same ball of yarn. The first one was somewhat mottled....reminding me of an Impressionist painting. The second one, however, "pooled" in the instep area. The pooling is a bit subtle because of the yarn, but it's definitely there.

At the knitting/spinning group on Tuesday, I continued to work on the beaded scarf - I'm almost done with the first half! It's really coming along nicely. It's an easy project to "carry along", so it's mainly my "mindless knitting" project.....I just have to remember to slip the beads at the proper point!

I also managed to work in some spinning in this week as well. I finally plied the purple Merino/Tencel that I finished spinning last month. The finished skein is 7 oz. and appears to be about a DK weight, so it's very versatile. The remaining ounce is in two separate "mini-skeins" as singles. It spun like a dream and is very lustrous - I haven't decided what I'll make from it yet. I may mix it with other Merino/Tencel and make a sweater or vest from it in multi-colors. I just need to find the right inspiration at this point! I also spun some more of the blue wool with the recycled denim - one bobbin is nearly full. I just have to fill the other, ply it, and that's all done too!

We also had a horrible thunderstorm today - complete with two sessions of hail. I don't have a single screen on the back of my house that didn't get multiple holes in it from the storm - and my tomato plants look VERY sick - one of them looks like it lost at least 3/4 of it's leaves....and huge chunks of the plant itself. I just hope they all survive! I took these pictures about 1 hr. AFTER the storm passed - and there's STILL a lot of ice!




Poor little tomatoes!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    The socks look great and I love the colour of your spinny stuff.. yummy!

    As for the poor tomatoes.. aww.. :'(

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    Beautiful yarn! (love the sheepie)

    AWWW! I'm sorry about your poor little tomato!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home