Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, June 07, 2007

More Knitting Progress and More Goodies!

At the spinning/knitting group on Tuesday, I managed to get down to the start of the heel on the second Sockotta sock. Hurrah! Finishing the pair of socks this week is a definite possibility! I have some new fiber lust - my friend Lynn was spinning some luscious purple silk....I'm definitely lusting after that fiber! I think I'll have to dye the silk hankies that Ce gave me purple - I'm not sure whether to use Kool-aid or one of the commercial dyes.....decisions, decisions!

I've definitely decided that the next "item" I will tackle will be to finish the nearly completed Rowan Linen Drape shell. It's nearly summer now, and I definitely could use another shell. I just hope it still fits! (I started it several years ago, and aging does have some shape-changing consequences - LOL!) Then again, when I finish it, if doesn't quite fit, it may give me an incentive to "shape up"!

True to form, my pattern order from Diva Knitting arrived in record time. Fabulous customer service - as always! She's so quick! And....the patterns ship for free! I got the Noni "Prism" bag - I'd been ogling Nicol's progress on this same bag as she worked on it (check out her Feb 25 and March 10, 2007 posts) I definitely needed one for myself. The two tone will definitely give me much needed practice with colorwork, bI think I'll make the first one in a solid color. That will allow me to get it done rather quickly so I have a nice knitting project bag. After all, the Prism looks like the perfect shape to hold some yarn and a set of straight needles. Plus...I've wanted it even more after fondling one at ThreadBear's trunk show of Noni bags!


I also received my shipment of a partial fleece - it's a colored Rambouillet cross from Minnesota. It was listed as black in color (and looks black in the photo), but it appears to more deep dark chocolate brown rather than black. It's still a very lovely and rich looking fleece. Perhaps the brown is more dirt than color.....we'll see after I get a bit of it washed up. Its' a very soft fleece from a ewe that's mostly Ramboillet, but has some Corriedale/Suffolk (where the black gene comes from). The fineness is in the mid-60's, so it's quite a lovely bit of wool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home