Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mystery Stole 3, Lilith, and Socks

Last night was very productive. I reviewed the Lilith pattern for my shrug and wrote out some "tips and guidelines" to help me keep track of button hole placement and pattern repeats. All that's left is the knitting and the search for interesting buttons to complement the cranberry red Louet Kid Lin yarn. I also managed to knit another inch or so on my latest socks - the Wildfoote purple and black yarn using Fiber Trend's "Hellen's Favorite Socks" pattern. This is one of the projects that will "keep my sanity" as I work on Mystery Stole 3 (MS3).


My biggest accomplishment of the evening was the completion of the swatch for MS3! It's not blocked yet, but that won't take any time at all - I plan to do that this evening. I've decided on the crystal beads to complement the white Zephyr (50% silk/ 50% Merino). The yarn is an absolute dream to knit with - it's very soft and pleasant to the touch.



I got my beads at "Bead Artist" in Leesburg. The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. I was amazed at the variety of beads they carried and the number of interesting classes they have. Their prices are quite reasonable as well. My time was somewhat limited as I had DH with me. I had PROMISED that I'd only run in to buy the beads I needed for MS3 and that I would NOT look around or otherwise "shop". It was difficult, but I kept my word. I'm definitely planning a return trip....though I plan to do it without DH in tow!

If you want to join the MS3 Knit-along, you'd better hurry! Sign-ups end on July 6th - after that, you won't be able to join and the pattern will remain a mystery. I've seen the results of previous Mystery Stoles with this designer, and the resulting stoles are absolutely stunning!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Beautiful swatch! I can't wait to see how the mystery unfolds!

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    I'm doing the mystery stole too - i can't wait for it to start!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home