Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, June 29, 2007

Fabulous Wednesday!

Wednesday was an absolutely fabulous day - in spite of the horrid humidity and heat that's been "plaguing us" the past several days!

The knitting guild meeting tonight was great! Anita showed a number of very interesting shawl and sweater pins from Leslie Wind. They were gorgeous! The best part is that they're light weight, so they don't weight down a delicate shawl made out of fine lace weight yarn. Definitely a "must have"!

Serife, another dedicated knitter, recently discovered our group, has a very unique way of knitting. I've affectionately called it "Turkish Knitting" since she's from Turkey, but she actually learned to knit from her Albanian grandmother. I've posted a video at the following link: "Turkish Knitting". It's fascinating to watch and her method results in very fast knitting and very little wasted effort. It's MUCH more efficient than the "standard throwing" method of knitting.

Besides the normal "show and tell" of our current and upcoming projects, I got another surprise. Catherine gave me a jar of her home made fermented veggies. She'd told me about them a couple of weeks ago and even gave me the recipe. Quite a lovely bonus. Doesn't it look delicious? I LOVE the all the colors. Of course, I opened the jar the moment I got home and tasted some of each type of veggie. It was DELICIOUS!!!! Thanks Catherine!!!!


And that's not all! The fabulous day continues! I received a birthday package from my friend, Mia. I didn't get a chance to open it before I went to the guild meeting. She sent me an absolutely fabulous birthday package chock full of "fibery goodness" and some Swedish chocolate covered toffee candies to keep up my strength, of course! The chocolates were hidden inside the purple tin (ah....purple!). There were 5 skeins of fabulous vintage wool yarn hand dyed by Mia herself - in gorgeous shades of purples, pinks, and a touch of blue. It's absolutely fantastic! But wait....there's more! In addition to the fabulous yarn, there's also some hand crafted stitch markers, a hand knit wash cloth (again, note the purple!) violet soap, and a spool of really cool ribbon. Thanks so much!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home