Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

There Was No Joy in Mudville.....the Mighty Cubbies Had Struck Out!


One thing that you need to know.....Cubs fans are a very rare breed. We are long suffering and VERY patient! It's been forever since we've won the series, but hope DOES spring eternal.




Today was NOT one of the stellar days that a Cub fan looks forward to - they were shut out: 6 to Nothing




But, as a true and dedicated fan, I still thoroughly enjoyed the game and still remain loyal to my Cubs. Besides, this was a fantastic way to celebrate the 4th of July. DH went to the game with me too....even though he's really not into baseball at all! What a sweetheart!






The metro to the game was full of Cubs fans - what a delight to see! At an earlier game this week, they said there were more Cubs fans than Nationals fans! There were LOTS of Cubs fans at the game as well.

On the way out of RFK Stadium, I spotted a family of Cubs fans and just had to snap their picture. As it turns out, they're visiting DC from Illinois! It turns out we were born in the same town! AND.....I know her uncle and she knows some of my relatives as well. What a small world this is!


In spite of today's loss, I had a fabulous time at the game. The weather was perfect - not too hot....not too humid....and my DH was there with me! Hot dogs and Cracker Jacks and Boardwalk Fries - mmmmmm! As an added touch of perfection, I got home before the severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings that caused the National Mall to be evacuated!

There may be no joy in Mudville, and my Cubbies may have gone down in a fiery loss, but all-in-all, I have to rate the day a win!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought of you while I enjoyed DY's Grand Slam. Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home