Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, July 16, 2007

Thanks So Much to My Fabulous SP10 Angel!

Wow! I got home tonight to find a wonderful package from my SP10 Angel - Debra from Georgia! My Secret Pal had to drop out and my fabulous hostess got right on it and found the perfect angel for me! Many thanks to both of you!


Where to begin....there are so many wonderful things! I love the cute little cup and saucer.....I'm going to put my beads in it as I knit the Mystery Stole 3 - it's sooooo much cuter than the plastic lid that I'm currently using for my working beads! The bookmark is just perfect - it's an antique looking bookmark with a nostalgic picture in it and pinkish/purple rhinestones around the frame. I love it!

I've got some fabulous Vanilla scented items as well - a couple of sachets and a yummy candle. Why is vanilla such an infectious scent? It's such a calming smell. I have some cute note cards and some decorative pads of paper for keeping track of stitch counts and shopping lists....at least that's what I plan to use them for.

There was some wonderful chocolate as well - a staple in every knitter's "tool box" - LOL! And of course, the yarn - it's a variegated wool in shades of blue, green, and brown in the "Majestic Mountain" colorway. The ball band has a pattern for a hat, but I think I'll make either a bag or a pair of felted mittens. I have a pattern for felted mittens that I've been dying to make....and I think this yarn will work perfectly! I may even add some Fun Fur to the edges for an added design element. Hmmm.....this is yet another project to add to my ever increasing list of PIWs!

AND.....there was also a cute little round box....and inside were 3 sets, yes SETS, of stitch markers....each set sized different needle range. The first set is perfect for lace/sock knitting needles, the second for the typical DK/worsted needles, and the third for Aran and bulkier yarn needles. Wow! Thanks again for the wonderful package!

MS3 Status
Now, on to Mystery Stole 3 progress and other "knitty" news. I completed row 170 last evening which puts me at 40% complete with Clue 3! I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on MS3 tonight or not....it depends on how many other distractions come my way! My goal is to completed Clue 3 BEFORE Clue 4 comes out on Friday, and at this point, I think it's a definite possibility!

Ravelry I've also been having a blast poking around and posting on Ravelry. I just love it! It's a fantastic way to keep track of you projects, stash, books, planned projects, etc. And, it's the perfect place to get inspired by the fabulous creations of others! The creators of Ravelry have done a fabulous job!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    oohhh some lovely goodies there! :)

    I love bookmarks and you're right, vanilla is so lovely!

    I've joined Ravelry too, but am still in the 'waiting queue'

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Sweet package! The tea cup is just darling!

    I got my ravelry invite too, hooray! Haven't played with it much but it looks really cool :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home