Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, July 13, 2007

Mystery Stole 3 - Finished Clue 2!!!



Wahoo! I finished clue 2, so now I'm not too far behind sinceClue 3 just came out this morning. Hopefully, I'll get started on it this weekend. I'm not planning to block my stole until I take it "off the needles", so my photo of the progress is not as stunning as the pictures others have posted. However, I think you can see the basic progress and stitches....as well as my "lovely" lifeline.


So far, my only disappointment has been with the beads. I wish they showed up better - hopefully they will once it's blocked. I didn't want beads that contrasted and I didn't want the "pearl" beads as they'd look dirty against the white Zephyr. I guess I should have included beads in my swatch so I could see how well they showed up. On the other hand, since the theme of the stole is a mystery, perhaps the subtleness of the beads will enhance the completed design.

I also have some very "enabling" friends...one of whom mentioned that they were about to place an order from Astrid's Dutch Obsessions! So, now I have a bunch of sock yarn and another skein of Kauni on its way! This time, I'm getting the darker Kauni - purple, grey, and black. Most of the sock yarn is Fabel - I wasn't sure about it when I saw it, but now that I've seen how it works up, I love it! Check out out the socks here under the July 11th post. AND I had to get a skein of Regia Galaxy - which is really cool looking as well as a couple of skeins of Trekking Pro Natura!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    the stole is looking lovely!
    i still haven't finished clue 1 :(

    more sock yarn! yay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home