Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy International Lefthanders Day!

Just thought I'd wish all my fellow lefties a "Happy International Lefthanders Day"!

This "holiday" was declared in 1976 by a group called Lefthanders International....they're now defunct...but the "holiday" lives on! They sold a variety of left-handed utensils, watches, notebooks, as well as a fabulous little magazine that "read" from back-to-front...a natural way of reading a magazine for most lefties.

There are numerous famous lefties......some good, some not so good. They run the gamut from Einstein to Jack the Ripper. This site has a great list: Famous Left-Handers.

I have a tote bag that I absolutely love....it says: "We're all born left handed. We become right handed when we commit our first sin". I like that sentiment....LOL! The saying I really like is: "Since the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right minds!"

I'm doing my usual "celebration" - I'm bringing a homemade lemon cake with lemon frosting to work to share with my colleagues. I do request that they use their "left hand" to eat the cake though, in honor of Lefthanders Day!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    happy lefthanded day to you too! although, i'm a righty. :)

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I am a natural left hander, but my father who thought it was a sign of retardation. To fix it, he forced me to be right handed. Yes, I know there are problems with the theory and the correction of it on many levels. Anyway, the result is, I hold a pen like a lefty but in my right hand. My reflexes to catch or block are left handed, however, anything that one does that is learned, it's right hand. I didn't know any of this until I was in 20s.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home