Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Spinning, Knitting, and Poutine....Life is Good!

Wow! I had a great time last night! A bunch of us gathered for knitting and spinning and had a fabulous time. The evening started with the arrival of my order from Astrid's Dutch Obsessions....more Kauni for a shawl, and enough yarn to make a week's worth of socks! (I'm blaming the sock yarn purchases on Mia and Carol.....I've seen the lovely socks Mia made with the Fabel and Carol tempted me with the Regia Galaxy!)










I showed everyone the progress I'd made on my knitted yoga mat bag....and got the concurrence of others on the "closure" portion of the bag. All that's left is to do the eyelet row (so I can put opposing ties through them to "seal" the bag), knitting another 1 1/2 inches or so for a "ruffle" closure on the other side of the eyelets, and finally adding the nylon strapping to the outside. Voila! I'll have a finished object!

I spent most of the evening continuing to spin the green "multi-colored" wool - I had a total of 2 lbs. of it, so it will take me a while to spin. I have plans to make a jacket with it, so hopefully, I'll find a suitable pattern!

Once the "formal" part of the evening was done, several of us went to Danielle's for an evening snack of Poutine. It's soooooo good.....if you like cheese and gravy and fries, then you'll like Poutine! It's a Canadian treat....and the ultimate in "comfort food"! Mmmmmm....Poutine! Thanks Danielle!

And now, for the "cute animal" shots of the day. Danielle's dog, Gracie, is such a sweetheart....and loves to "pose"....but she rarely stays still long enough to get a good picture. However, I did manage to get a few. I did manage to catch a few shots of her "cleaning" the cat. It's amazing how tolerant the cat is....especially when Gracie is licking the ear!








10 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    I LOVE BIG LONG FLAPPY DOG EARS!!!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Mea culpa on the sock yarn. Those Fabel colorways are oddly addictive. I so want to try poutine. It's made with cheese curds right?

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Acutally, they use cheese curds in Montreal, but most others use other cheese as the curds don't really melt well. Danielle made hers with Colby-Jack.....mmmmmmm! I'm thinking cheddar or a combo of cheddar and something else would be good!

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmmmm poutine. *drools*

    HEE, puppy!

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LoL, the snotty french people use curds... Us real Canadians that live in the back woods use either Mozza, Colby Jack, Or Cheddar and Mozza..

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Gracie is so cute!!

    Poutine sounds like my kinda snack! :)

    Lovely sock yarn... temptress.

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    I tried to make some Poutine for our Canadian houseguest. I used frozen Ore-Ida fries -- the "fast food" variety, "fresh" mozzerella balls, and Heinz turkey gravy from a jar. He said he had had worse poutine! He seemed happy that I would make the effort! Can you even get cheese curds in NoVa? I'm thinking some hispanic cheese?

    Ruth

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Fiona Reynolds said…

    Great sock yarn and... I really want a beagle after seeing pix of Gracie. (Please tell me she IS actually a beagle).

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Yes, Fiona, Gracie is a Beagle. Danielle will be so pleased that seeing Gracie makes you want one too!

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Some great yarns there. Looks like some Pro Natura in blue on the left there? I just made socks for DH with that one!

    Adorable dog piccies there. The cleaning is just too funny! And my dog had that same big long toy (I think they call it a "loofah dog"?). He *loved* that thing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home