Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, August 17, 2007

Hurray! A Finished Object!

I've finished knitting my yoga mat bag.....I love how it turned out. I've woven in the ends and made the pull-tie closures for the bag. The only "finishing" I have left to do is to check out the nylon strapping at the fabric store and design how I'll attach it to the bag so I can have a shoulder strap. I didn't want anything "pulling" on the knitting, so I didn't want a knitted strap integrated into the design. I have a couple of ideas that I think will work well, I just need to "try them out" now that my bag is finished. Of course, I can always decide NOT to add a strap - after all, the bag is technically finished at this point....the strap just makes it a bit easier to carry. Perhaps I'll get an inspiration....who knows?

Wednesday night, I managed to knit another few rows on my Mystery Stole. It would have been a few more, but I kept making mistakes on one of the rows and knit it and "unknit" it 3 times!!! That's so annoying! I keep fixating on the lost time and the idea that I should have had several more rows done instead of knitting the same row over, and over, and over. Now, the final clue is out! I can't believe it....and I'm not up to row 287 as I had planned.....I'm still in the "220's"!

Tonight, though, I'm continuing to work on my Wildefoote "Purple Splendor" socks. I want some mindless knitting as I unwind from the week. I'm also planning to work on these socks as well as my Cascading Fuchsias Noni bag tomorrow. A group of my knitting friends and I are meeting at Panera Bread Company at lunch time to knit, have lunch, and sip on some cappuccino. It should be a fabulous time!

Finally, here's my responses for the SP11 Questionnaire.........


  1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Hmmm…is there really such a thing as “absolutely not liking” a yarn? My personal preference is natural fibers (wool, alpaca, cotton, bamboo, silk, etc.) – although even the synthetics and nylon have their uses. As far as the funky yarns, they can be used for embellishments or accents, so there’s little that I couldn't find a use for!!! (LOL – I’m definitely a “yarn-a-holic”!)

  1. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Plastic bins, a zippered needle case, decorative boxes…..and most of all, stuck in one of my many “works-in-progress”!

  1. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I'vebeen knitting for a few decades….off and on. I taught myself to knit in high school. As far as my skill lever, I’m more of an intermediate – proficient at most things, but still have lots to learn!

  1. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not really…..I always get impatient and order right away!

  1. What's your favorite scent?

Vanilla and Cinnamon….and peach is nice and soothing as well.

  1. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Dark chocolate! Love the stuff!

  1. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I spin….and dabble in some other fiber arts – like quilting and cross-stitch…though I haven’t done much of that lately. I’m planning on learning to weave (I've been saying that for a while now!) My goal is to weave something using my stash and hand spun.

  1. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like all kinds of music, except I’m not keen on most country music. I love discovering new music. My PC doesn't play MP3s.

  1. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple is my favorite. I also really like teals, blues, and vibrant pinks as well as bright jewel tones. My least favorites are yellows and orange, but they’re good “accent” colors.

  1. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married to a great guy who tolerates my fiber obsession (that’s very important!) and have a dog that loves to “guard the wool”.

  1. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

  1. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks and felted bags as they knit up quickly…..but those are “companion projects” for more intense projects – like lace or large projects. I have to have some “quick” projects going at the same time I’m working on a long term project(s).

  1. What are you knitting right now?

Socks, a Noni bag, Mystery Stole 3, and a yoga mat bag….those are the projects I've “touched” or knitted on in the past week….but there are others too! (update - the yoga mat bag is done!)

  1. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Definitely! I love getting handmade gifts!

  1. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo straights – Crystal Palace are my favorites! (I’m slower on circs, but they’re definitely a necessity for some projects….like felted bags!)

  1. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both

  1. How old is your oldest UFO?

The oldest that I intend to finish is about 7 yrs. old. The others….we’ll wait and see.

  1. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas – love the music, the holiday, the meaning, the presents, and the great times you share with friends and family during that season.

  1. Is there anything that you collect?

Betty Boop stuff – I just think she’s so cute! Antique needlecraft items – old knitting needles, crochet hooks, sewing needles, needle cases/baskets - any vintage fiber arts stuff. Oh…and recipes….I’m always looking for something new and interesting to cook – anything from “down home cooking” to “ethnic delights”!

  1. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I’m too impatient and go get them right away!

  1. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I get most of them….

  1. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I've done very little Fair Isle and want to do more. I also want to try cables…but not the general cables, I like the Celtic knots and designs like that.

  1. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes….US women’s size 6 ½ - 7 shoe size.

  1. When is your birthday?
June 30

  1. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes……my id is: Jinann

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    ohhh i've learnt so much about you from that questiionnaire!!

    yoga bag is v.cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home