Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, September 10, 2007

Thank You Secret Pal!

What a great way to start the week! I got home from work today and found a wonderful box waiting for me by the front door. I'm assuming it's from my Secret Pal for SP11 - there was no note inside, but there were some wonderful knitting and sewing goodies tucked inside the box.

It's obvious she's read my blog....what a sweetheart! She saw that I'd recently purchased a new sewing machine....and she's made SURE that I have some nice fabric to "play with" as well as a variety of scissors to cut both fabric and yarn. It's a fabulous array of fabric - lots of great colors and designs! I'm still trying to decide whether or not to line my latest Noni bag...and she's even included some off-white fabric in the mix, so I'm all set should I decide that I definitely want to line it!
The cotton yarn will be great for the dishcloths that I like to make. Whenever I feel the need to complete a project in a hurry, I try to make a dishcloth or belt - something that knits/crochets up quickly so I can get that "sense of accomplishment". (By the way, the choice of colors was perfect!)

I also have some other fabulous knitting goodies as well. There are some fabulous stitch markers (in purple and green - so pretty!) and believe it or not, she found a PURPLE retractable tape measure (wahoo!) AND...this is the thing that I've REALLY been needing - "point protectors" for my smaller needles....like the size 4's that I'm using for Mystery Stole 3 - I've been soooo worried that I'd lose stitches off the ends of my needles because the "point protectors" that I'm currently using are just a bit too big because I didn't have anything small enough for my size 4's! Oh...I almost forgot...I got a needle sizer/gauge checker as well - definitely a must in any knitting bag!

Thanks so much for the fabulous package! Now...to find some time to start some more projects....and finish up a few!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    Oooo, those fabrics look lovely! What a thoughtful pal!

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think I've ever seen a kinder thank you from anyone in my life! It's a pleasure having you as an SP!
    Your secret pal (who will not forget the chocolate next time, LOL:).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home