Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Mailbox Runneth Over - both Knitty and Otherwise

When I arrived home today, I was greeted by a waist-high stack of packages - I LOVE days like this! Of course, one of the orders was a large volume of yarn from the "Yarn Girls" - so large in fact that it took not one, but two packages! Just a bunch of stuff that I "needed", nothing real fancy or unusual, so I didn't bother photographing that. That takes care of the first two packages in the stack....

The third package was the order containing my much needed "winter shoes" - both whimsical and practical. I LOVE Land's End - cute good quality outerwear. This year, I found that they had some boots in the "Thistle" color way - mainly purple with some blue! Wahoo! Then, on the practical side, I got the winter clogs and a pair of boots in black as well. (Of course, my FAVORITES are the purple ones, but black will go with anything.).

The fourth and totally unexpected package was from Mia - my SP from SP8! It was a tin chock full of totally decadent goodness. She's a fabulous baker and has treated me to an entire tin full of her home-baked "treasures"! I believe you can almost taste them just by looking at the picture! Thanks Mia! They're delicious!

Finally, some knitting news and progress updates. I have another pair of bed socks (Christmas gift) almost done - I'm halfway through the 2nd sock! However, I may play around with the toe finish as I'm not real pleased with how it looks. I think I'll try a different finish on the second toe. If I like it, I'll then tear out the first toe and re-do it. Decisions, decisions. I really need to make at least one more pair - possibly two - so I definitely have to make a final decision on the "toe finish".

Other than that, I'm planning to make a pair of fingerless gloves/gauntlets. They should be another quick project - and a much needed item as winter approaches! After that, I suppose I should get back to Mystery Stole 3 and finish that up. I'm also planning to start a Jane Slicer-Smith "Tally Ho Vest" in the "wine" color way of Merino Otto. I picked up the yarn for it yesterday at Nature's Yarns. It's going to be gorgeous!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:52 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    ohhh you've got some lovely stuff there!!! I can definitely smell the baked goodies all the way here... *drools*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home