Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, November 23, 2007

"Black Friday" Spin In


Ah....no malls, no crowds. Just spinners and fiber animals at "aBUNdance Acres Farm"! What a fabulous way to spend the day! (You KNOW it's going to be a great day when there are fleeces on racks just outside the entrance door!)

Judy hosted a Spin-In in Hagerstown for those of us that DID NOT want to go anywhere near a mall or shopping center on this, the biggest shopping day of the year! Instead, we nestled into her comfortable home to spin, chat and eat. We all had a fabulous time!


Here's Daniella....spinning away on the Lendrum Saxony that she bought from Jo. It's an absolutely gorgeous wheel! I even got to try it out - it spins like a dream. I don't know how Jo could part with it...




Gretchen is spinning some luscious Blue Faced Leicester on her Suzy Pro. Hmmmm....somehow I forgot to ask if I could try it out - I guess I'll just have to wait till we get together to spin again - hopefully before too long!



Of course, there's are the wonderful fiber animals lurking about - LOTS of angora bunnies, some adorable sheep, and some ducks as well.



















One of the bunnies, Rebecca, was extremely photogenic and seemed to "know it". The minute I took a shot of her, she moved from the back of the cage (left) and posed for a short series of "head shots" - what a ham!!!! (Check out her ears....love the fluff!)






See how she "loves" the camera?






Oh, and don't forget Judy's trusted companions - Tabitha (black) and Schloemoe (brown). They were absolutely adorable and very loving!









You know that with the bunnies and the angora, there was some fabulous dyed angora just waiting for a new home. Yes, I was weak and some jewel-toned angora somehow "worked its way" into my heart and came home with me. The colors are fabulous - I think you can see why they "had" to come home with me. Keep in mind that these photos do not show the fabulous shading of the pink...and the colors are much richer in person.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    glad you had such a good day! shopping malls are way too busy a lot of the time nowadays.
    love the angora roving.. yummy and the bunny is adorable. :)

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger GretchenX said…

    Silly! You're welcome to try my wheel any time you want!! Actually, it's been behaving in a very ladylike manner, once that squeak went away!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home