Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Knitting Progress - Lilith is done!

I got a lot accomplished this weekend - including finishing one of the Christmas gifts on my "to-do" list! I feel like I can FINALLY get the holiday knitting under control! I think I can get everything that MUST get done finished....just in the nick of time.

I finished the Lilith - finally! The "Cranberry" colorway is absolutely perfect for the holidays! I just love the vibrant "pinky-red". It was nearly complete last weekend....I had started on the I-cord, but never really got around to completing it until this weekend. I did have a BOATLOAD of ends to weave in though - remember how the Louet Kid-Lin Pixie had MULTIPLE knots in the final skein? Geez - that was annoying! My only regret is that I'd decided to make the "shorter" version....and now, I'm thinking that maybe I should have made the longer version. It's still the perfect size to wear as a stole without the ties (above).


The Christmas gift I managed to finish was the pair of bed socks for my mom. She loved the ones I made her last year, and said she needed another pair - she wore the others ALL winter long and hated laundry day as that meant she'd have to do without until they were dry. She has no idea what this year's pair look like, and I can't post a photo here....she sometimes sneaks a peak at my blog just to see what I've been up to! BUT....you can check on Ravelry...I'll be posting the photo there since she doesn't have a Ravelry account!

SP11 - The Final Package
In other news, I've wrapped and packed the final package for my secret pal for SP11 - I'll be taking it out to the PO tomorrow! I hope she likes it - I tried to provide a variety of treats and yarn throughout the entire exchange.. I can't believe that SP11 is almost over....just 5 more days - then, I'll FINALLY be able to reveal myself!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Lilith looks beautiful! Off to check the socks on Ravelry...

    They're lovely! Love the colour too. :)

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Lovely! The color's just perfect for the season!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Wow! It's just gorgesous! Congrats!

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, love that cherry-red prettyness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home