Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Yarny" Christmas Celebrations!

Friday night was the holiday party for all of us at Nature's Yarns. It was a lot of fun! Amy, the owner, graciously hosted that party. We each brought something to share - fruit, cheese, wine, mead, shrimp, chips, etc. - as well as Margarita Pie (boy was THAT good!!!!). We all had a fabulous time!

Amy coordinated a gift exchange....but she also took care of purchasing and wrapping all the gifts! What a sweetheart! Next year, the rest of us need to help out with the gifts for the exchange. It was very sweet of Amy to handle it all this year, but we definitely want her to actively participate in the actual exchange next year!


The gift exchange was definitely a lot of fun. First off, we each drew numbers. The person that drew "1" had to select a package and unwrap it. The person that drew "2" had the choice of selecting the open package, or selecting one of the unopened packages. The person that drew the "3" selected from any opened package, or selected a package to unwrap....and so on. I think you get the picture. This process continued until all the packages have been unwrapped/claimed.

All the prizes were great - there wasn't a single one that I didn't like, which made it really tough for me as number "8" - so many choices! There had been only 1 "steal" prior to my turn - Lynn stole the candle from Katie who then simply selected another package. I decided that I really liked the metal pig watering can that Tiffany had...so I "stole" it from Tiffany....who then "stole" the candle from Lynn. So much for Lynn's plans for the candle - though she did "find" the box of chocolates that Maggie had originally been craving!


I think the pig is absolutely darling...and I think my "sheep" statuette that resides on my hearth might enjoy a companion! (My DH is less than thrilled with the prospect of yet another farm animal invading the family room!!!)



The final surprise of the evening was when Amy gave each of us a present.
We had to open them simultaneously - we all received an absolutely beautiful name tag to wear in the store - they're gorgeous! She had them custom designed by Personal Touch Jewelers in Fairfax. I just love it! It's so elegant! The leaf was the perfect choice for Nature's Yarns! (This photo definitely doesn't do it justice! I'll try to take a better picture later. Perhaps it will look better without the flash - in the natural light.) Thanks so much Amy!

We were having so much fun chatting, eating, and unwrapping gifts that we didn't get much knitting in at all! That's definitely NOT the norm with this group! Lynn did manage to get some work done on her PI shawl out of Louet Kidlin Pixie - it's going to be gorgeous! I brought my knitting, but I decided to let it "lounge" in my tote bag while I enjoyed the party!!! With the spouses and kids there, we had to mingle and include them, so we couldn't really "bury ourselves" in our knitting as we're prone to do!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    OMG, we play that same holiday swap game at work! It can get pretty competitive too. Wine and weird stuffed toys are the most "stolen" items - not sure what that says about us really :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home