Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, December 07, 2007

Wow! What a Fabulous Kick-Off to the Holidays!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....now that we have snow. I love this time of year - especially the giving and receiving of presents. I received my Ravelry Holiday Swap presents on Wednesday - it's almost as if my "spoiler" knows me! The package was fabulous - it even included several purple items! I just love it! Laurie really seemed to know EXACTLY what I would like as well as what I needed! I only hope that my "spoilee" will be as happy with her package as I am with mine!

All the gifts were packaged in a fabulous shopping bag - with very appropriate image on it! The package came from Salem, Mass. And there was a fabulous card included - with a hand-knit project on the front - I just love it!

Where do I start? Everything was just perfect....One of my favorite things this time of year is chocolate covered cherries. Believe it or not, she included some in the package! Plus some coffee and hot cocoa mixes - very interesting flavors too! I can't wait try them! (She even included a mug!) There was also a regional treat - "Lemon Gibralters" and "Peppermint Gibralters" - which were the first candies commercially made in the USA. And other goodies as well - chocolate wafers and some mini candy canes.

The yarn is splendid...and it's the perfect color - lavender! The pattern she included looks fabulous too - definitely something to knit up and wear when I take the dog on a walk!

She also included some cute "snowflake" sticki-notes. AND a set of "J" hooks (cable needles) - I DEFINITELY needed these - just this past week I started a pair of fingerless gloves and had to BORROW a cable needle in order to start them! I had made a mental note that I needed to go out this weekend and buy some...but now, I don't have to - thanks!

Oh, my...all the pampering goodies - in purple too! I must confess, my feet are a total mess - I LOVE going barefoot, so my feet take a LOT of abuse. My package included several items specifically for pampering my neglected feet - they'll be sooooo grateful! The Facial Mask and the pretty purple scrub brush with definitely be useful during long, luxurious baths! Total pampering!

Thanks so much Laurie!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, wow, what an incredible gift package! And so prettily lavender-coloured, too.

    Mmm, snow. It's not winter until there's snow on the ground.

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    awww! that's so sweet! it all looks fabulous and all in purple too! yay! :)

    enjoy the holiday season honey.. :)

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad you liked all the goodies! I had fun shopping for them.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger Tina - omme i London said…

    Oh my goodness - you really got spoiled! Lucky you. I am beginning to worry about what I sent my swap partner. I would hate for her to be disappointed!
    Love your first picture in this post, by the way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home