Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, December 14, 2007

SP11 - It Ain't Over 'til It's Over!

This is a very busy time of the season....and my mailbox is generally overflowing with the gifts that were ordered for someone else or the nasty bills associated with such purchases....as well as the routine monthly bills. Bottom line, there's usually not anything fun.....with the exception of the surprises that come from the likes of the Ravelry holiday exchange and Secret Pal exchanges, like SP11.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, there was a package waiting that DID NOT come from some far away mail order company addressed to me nor was it addressed to DH. Instead, it was a package with a hand-written label....from my Secret Pal for SP11 - addressed to me. Yippee!


Packed inside the box was a wonderful assortment of goodies. First off....the chocolates. Last time, she said she forgot to add any chocolates....LOL....this time, she certainly did not neglect the chocolate department! There are quite a few missing as I already gorged on several! They're all "holiday" flavored - Cinnamon Almond, Egg Nog, and the very satisfying Peppermint Bark. Mmmmmm!

There's a KnitPicker needle roll - something I definitely needed! I've been secretly (and not so secretly) lusting after them....and now I finally have one! Once I get some of my needles in there, I'll take a photo of the needle roll in use. Thanks! It's perfect....and I love the red color!

Yarns - wow - what a lovely assortment. There's some easy care Soft RedHeart - in the perfect hues of red and green for the holidays. I'm definitely more of a Burgundy/blue-red and forest green person than a cherry red and bright green. Somehow, my SP picked up on that and selected the PERFECT hues! This yarn is incredibly soft to the touch...I'm amazed! (If I only had time to knit something up...this would be perfect.....next year! Yes....now I'll have a "head start" on next year!!!)

There's some multi-colored "Soy Woolly Stripes" from Patons. The colors are absolutely fabulous. I'd been wanting to try this yarn out for a while, and now I'll get the chance! I think the colors will be really stunning knitted up....but I need to find the perfect project!

The final gift (not counting the cute Christmas box that several items were "hidden in") was the "Sockittome" sock yarn from Cherry Tree Hill in blues and greens. The overall color way tends to be more of a teal....definitely a color near and dear to me - it was the color I chose for my wedding to DH!!! The color is absolutely perfect and my SP picked up on the fact that I love to knit socks!

Thanks Secret Pal!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Kai said…

    lucky you!!! :) those are lovely gifts..

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooooh!!! Lookie at the pretties.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Windyridge said…

    Wehee sounds like a lot of great goodies. I was over in Ravelry and couldn't believe that I forgot to add you as a friend there. I was looking for you in my friends and couldn't find you! I submitted you as a best SP to my hostess, you definitely are deserving of it. She never responds tho' so I don't know what she's up to. My son said that the hot chocolate that you sent is the best he's ever had!
    Have a GREAT holiday!

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    Super package! I love Red Heart Soft - great colors, decent yardage and washable too :)

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger FuguesStateKnits said…

    Secret Pal - Your thank-yous are always a million times better than my offerings:) Enjoy! and you are sure welcome! Hope your holidays were lovely and please accept my wishes for a healthy and happy New Year!
    One more package coming your way in dreary old January:)!
    Joan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home