Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sons of Norway Juletrefest

Friday Dec. 14 was the Sons of Norway Holiday celebration - Juletrefest. We danced around the Christmas tree singing English and Norwegian Christmas songs, shared in a fabulous meal (smørgåsbord), and purchased some lefse for our Christmas dinners. Santa (Julenisse)even came for a visit bringing gifts for all the kids! I loved all the Nordic sweaters, outfits, and dresses that everyone was wearing. We were even bless by live music from 3 of our own very talented members!




Santa and the kids seemed to really have a good time. He had quite a crowd of "groupies"!




In addition to the festivities, there were also a number of fabulous Norwegian wares and sweaters available for purchase as well - just in case we missed something at the Norwegian Bazaar last week! I picked up the lefse baker I ordered. Last time I made lefse, I used an electric frying pan and it took forever! Hopefully, having the right tools will make the process of making home made lefse a bit easier - and hopefully faster.

I'm definitely lusting after the Norwegian festival dresses and clan dresses - they're gorgeous! One of our members is a descendent from Stavanger (as I am) and was wearing the traditional Stavanger outfit. The embroidered apron belonged to her grandmother. I think it's absolutely beautiful! Perhaps I need to add embroidery to my fiber obsessions as well! Of course, all the little girls look absolutely darling in their Hardanger outfits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home