Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

God Jul! Merry Christmas!

Wishing you and yours all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season! I LOVE this time of year - the lights, the cards, the decorations! Everything is so beautiful....and everyone is full of such joy!

I decided that since the girls weren't coming for Christmas, we wouldn't really bother with a tree....BUT when I ran to the bookstore to check and see if they had the December issues of "Simply Knitting" and "Knitting", I ran across "The Christmas Tree in a Box".
It was so "odd" that I just HAD to get it. All the components are "stored" in the box. You assemble the tree out of various flat decorated pieces of cardboard and cardboard tubing into a basic tree, add the star to the top, punch out the hole in the middle of the box, and insert the trunk of the tree. Finally, you add the flat ornaments with hangers to the assembled tree. Inside the included booklet there are instructions on how to make additional ornaments using origami....and they even included several sheets of origami paper!

So...I had a tree after all! I think it's rather cute too....and definitely not the "usual" Christmas Tree! Much less fuss....and to "clean up", I can just disassemble it, pop all the parts in the box, stick it on the bookshelf, and save it for another year!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's... actually kind of cute. I like it! Mine, for the record, was small and made of feathers, so nontraditional as well. =D

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    I LOVE this time of year too - the lights, the cards, the decorations.. and your blog. So Christmasy.. one post after another. I LOVE IT. I'm also going to have to run to the bookstore and get one of those trees.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS. (BTW-I've missed reading your blog!)

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to you and yours too!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home