Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Felting/Fulling

.
As part of the Nerd Wars challenges on Ravelry, I decided to attempt making coasters/hot pads. Ideally, I was going for a finished coaster that was a bit smaller than this, but I'm pleased with the results none the less.



I started by knitting two rectangles out of Paton's Classic Wool. The sizes were approximately 6 3/4" by 8 1/2" before fulling.






After fulling, they were roughly 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" in size.





Once the coasters had dried, I then needle felted purple flowers (complete with stems) onto the blank coasters. I used "scraps" left over from my recent hand spinning - waste not, want not!


The coasters are a bit over-sized and can easily be used as coasters or as hot pads. Wool is fire resistant, so it's great for use as a hot pad - especially in knitted form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home