Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, March 03, 2011

"The Scottish Highlands in Spring"

I finished spinning my latest project using 4 ounces of hand painted Merino that I purchased from the Gnome Garden. The two ply yarn is incredibly soft and lofty. I just love how all the colors interplay! The wool spun like a dream and the depth of the colors is fabulous. It reminds me of the photos I've seen of the highlands of Scotland - blue skies and rolling green hills. One day, I plan to visit there to see the rolling hills first hand. Until then, I'll just have to visit vicariously through photos. Perhaps I should knit up a hiking scarf out of this yarn in anticipation of my future visit?













It's definitely feeling like spring here this week. The skies have been vibrant blues with little or not clouds. The deep crisp color is so beautiful! Unfortunately, the hazy days of summer are not too far off.





The daffodils are starting to come up as well. Sandy was very enamored with the interesting scents that were emanating from these tender sprouts. I even found that one of my tulips in my front yard is sprouting as well! They surprised me last fall - shortly after planting, they decided to sprout! I wasn't expecting that to happen until the Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home