Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gorgous Winter Skies

.
This evening, the sky was absolutely beautiful...full of bright pinks, purples, and oranges.

When I started out on my walk with the dog, the sun was very low in the sky and was shining on a tree full of birds - a very welcome sight. Perhaps winter is nearly over and the birds are returning??? I love the way the birds were illuminated by the sun while the moon was rising behind them.



As I continued on the walk, the sun dipped lower in the sky, and painted the twilight with gorgeous splashes of color. You can see the start of some of the colors here with the purples low on the horizon as the sun continues it's downward trek.




The colors became more and more vibrant as the sun sank lower in the sky. It was absolutely beautiful! Perhaps I should try to capture that beauty in a fiber related project...perhaps a nuno felted scarf????


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home