Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, March 28, 2011

Home Spun Yarn Party

.



I had a fabulous time at the Home Spun Yarn Party...as usual! The venue was perfect - Savage Mill used to be an knitting/weaving mill. What better place for a fiber festival?





The weather reports for Sunday were a bit ominous - they were predicting a bit of snow...eeek! Thankfully, it was just a dusting...visible only on the lawns and in flower pots with no accumulation on the roads. I was a bit relieved that the weather was on the cooler side - last year, it was very hot in the "party" room.



As has become my tradition, first stop was at the Ramshead Tavern for "Annapolis Benedict" - basically Eggs Benedict with crab cakes instead of Canadian Bacon. Mmmmmm!!!!! I really like their presentation - the orchid is just gorgeous! And their crab cakes are fantastic!!!!
















I definitely missed both Loop and Spirit Trail - they had to cancel at the last minute. BUT...they'll be at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in a little over a month! Mainly, I shopped for a friend that couldn't attend, so I was able to keep my personal purchases in check. My personal purchases included a few silk caps from Misty Mountain Farm, some fiber from GnomeGarden (one bundle for me and one for another friend), and 2 skeins of Sanguine Griffin Skinny Bugga.


I spent a bit of time at the charity table practicing my crocheting skills while crafting a square that will ultimately become part of a blanket. Even when doing a charity square, there seems to be a common color theme - purple, of course!


As usual, it was quite crowded. As the afternoon wore on, the crowd dwindled a bit...making it easier to get around and much easier to see all the fabulous yarns and other goodies.










I did see many friends and favorite vendors. Mary and Carol are taking a bit of a breather...and still others are learning to spin with excellent instruction from Sue.











While I was at the mill, I managed to stop in at both"Noni" (Nora Bellows' studio) and "Jul" (her sister's studio). Both studios are located at Savage Mill. Nora has some fabulous new patterns, and gorgeous samples of all her wonderful creations. At "Jul", you can find shawl pins, hand crafted knitting needles, and lots of handles, etc. for making the purses/bags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home