Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Gorgeous Cherry Blossoms and Other Spring Beauties

.
Every Spring, I'm just amazed at all the beautiful colors I find throughout my neighborhood. The variety of flowering trees and flowers is absolutely amazing.

Our cherry tree has grown so much it literally dwarfs our house! Every year, I look forward to the abundance of beautiful blossoms that it provides. It's so pretty! The cherry blossoms downtown are long gone, but our tree is in full splendor - it tends to start blooming at about the same time that the trees in DC have lost all their blooms.




















Around the neighborhood, there are other flowering trees. My neighbor has a weeping cherry. I'm not sure which I like the best...the regular cherry tree or the weeping cherry. Both have such beautiful blossoms.




The crabapple blossoms are soooo pretty!






I love the intensity of the blue sky this time of year...crisp and clear rather than hazy with the heat and humidity of the summer. Check out the contrast of these blooms against the sky!














Of course, I have to include a photo of the Red Bud tree...another personal favorite. I love it's purple blooms.




















Finally, there's the wonderful variety of flowers that are still blooming...















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home