Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, December 01, 2008

Whoo......Whoo.......

I FINALLY got a good picture of the owl that my dog and I keep encountering on our evening walks. This guy was quite big - a very impressive specimen. I've never seen an owl in the wild before - I'd only seen them at the zoo or in books. Every time I'd walk my dog without bringing my camera, he "taunt me" with his presence. Tonight, I caught a great shot of him in a tree - pretty cool, eh? (Double click the picture for a closer view)


I guess the moon and the planets must have aligned to make this possible. Wait! They did! The moon, Venus (the brighter "spot" to the right of the moon) and Jupiter (the less bright "spot") did "magically" appear together tonight! (You'll need to double-click on the picture to get a closer view).


I did make some knitting progress. I started an Irish Hiking Scarf for my dad out of green Malabrigo - yummy! I'm about 3/4 of the way done (left). I'm also in the process of blocking my teal Irish Hiking Scarf, the Nordic hat, and the scarf I made for my Ravelry exchange partner (right). Sorry....I had to block the photo of the Ravelry scarf as the pattern needs to be a surprise!

6 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy crap. That's a big owl. How fabulous to see him out in the wild and to get a photo, to boot!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a big owl. I admire people who can identify planets I only know moon and sun.

    Have a nice December,

    Secret Pal

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL! The only reason I knew which planets were which was because they'd talked about it on the news.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awesome pic! -paula

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the pictures! My camera would have made them totally black!

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Barb from FL here...great owl! Merry Christmas. Remembered the blog after getting your card. Great pal gifts and projects.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home