Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope everyone is having a fabulous day – sharing love and food with family and friends!

Once the turkey is in the oven, it’s the perfect time to slip in some quality knitting/spinning time! I’ve been spinning this morning – the first time in several weeks!

This past week has been a great week for knitting progress as well. I managed to knit on the Metro on both Monday and Tuesday, so I’ve made quite a bit of progress on the Opal socks. There will be no "second sock syndrome" here! The Metro was extremely crowded yesterday afternoon, so I didn’t get to knit on the way home...everyone that went to work yesterday was leaving early!

I even managed to get together with friends to knit on both Sunday and Tuesday! Wow - two outings in a single week - that's almost unheard of for me! Janet modeled her shawl – it’s even more gorgeous now than before blocking! The pattern is the “Paisley Scarf” from Interweave Knits Spring 2005. Definitely a “must” in my list of projects! She did make a modification to the pattern that added a very nice finish.
She added a picot edge on the cast off.


Picot Edge
Bind off 2 sts
*Cast on 3 sts onto left needle
Bind off 5
Repeat from *

I finished the "Fantasy Naturale Market Bag" – it’s a very quick knit on size 15 needles. I started it this past Sunday, made a lot of progress on it when met with some friends on Tuesday, and put the finishing touches on it last night! It only takes 2 skeins of the Fantasy Naturale yarn from Plymouth. I have two more skeins to knit up – this time, in a burgundy red. I think I may have to run out and pick up some more of this yarn – it’s a very fun project and the pattern is free on the Plymouth website!


Oh....and after indulging in all the turkey, stuffing, and sweets, I'm planning to end my Thanksgiving with even more knitting and spinning! Perhaps I might even start on the "Genevieve Shawl"!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Thanksgiving Jinann! I'm glad it's scarf weather again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home