Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Found It!

Wahoo! Happy-happy joy-joy! I shuffled around and organized some of my roving - long overdue I might add. Guess what I found nestled in with the corriedale, mohair, and merino? You guessed it....that elusive skein of deep teal Merino Otto! Now I can finally finish my Irish Hiking scarf...just in time for winter!

I've also made some additional progress on my Opal socks. I've turned the heel and am working on the heel gusset. Hopefully, I'll get past the gusset by the end of the day today and I'll be able to work on the foot of the sock while riding Metro.


I've also made great progress on my first "Maggi". I'm making the off-the-shoulder denim blouse from the "Nautical Look" book. It reminds me a bit of a peasant blouse from back in the 60's and 70's. I started it on Oct. 24 and by last Saturday (Nov. 8), I'd completed the 4 main parts - front, back, and both sleeves. On Sunday, while visiting Mema, I started working on the I-cord for the ties - at the neck edge and the bottom of each sleeve. I only have a few more inches to go on the I-cord for the neck and then comes the dreaded finishing. Ugh. I really had piecing things together and sewing them up by hand! I am definitely anxious to complete this project, so I doubt this project won't languish in the "to-do" pile.

I'll leave you with a few fall views....the last of the colorful leaves. In the past couple of days, nearly all the trees have dumped their "beauty" and are no looking sad and grey...ready for the long winter. The tall tree had such a nice variety of red, yellow, and orange leaves with just a hint of green. This photo doesn't quite capture the vibrancy of the colors, but you get a "hint" of it's beauty. Unfortunately, it was a bit too dark when I tried to photograph the oak, so I had to get in a bit close to capture the colors. Finally, if you double click on the third photo, you can see the lovely mountains in the background. I thought the clouds were pretty awesome as well. I'm totally enamored with the mountains...they're both majestic and soothing. I don't think I could live anywhere that wasn't close to the mountains.









5 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That photo of the orangered-leaved tree after dark is beautiful. <3

    And YAY to finding that last ball of yarn!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger cathy said…

    It seems like it's been an especially pretty autumn this year!

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    It was pretty, but it happened "overnight". One day, the leaves were green, the next, they changed colors, and two days later, they "jumped" from the trees! (Thankfully, we have a wide variety of trees and they changed colors at different rates.)

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    K - gotta love those oak trees! Oaks and maples are my favorites for the "fall colors".

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like you've been really busy too! Am looking forward to seeing all of your finished projects!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home