Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Magnificent Maggie Jackson!

Wow! Sometimes, life is just amazing! They always say, "Expect the unexpected", but most times, I really don't take those words to heart. However, I was given an absolutely wonderful opportunity last Wednesday. I'm still pinching myself - I still can't believe that such a fabulous opportunity landed on my doorstep!

I had the honor and the pleasure of meeting Maggie Jackson last Wednesday while she was in town for a fashion show and workshops at Nature's Yarns. Yes, this is THE Maggie Jackson of award winning knitting designs and the author of "Maggie's Ireland" as well numerous other knitting design books. She had some unexpected schedule changes and was available to visit a couple of knitting groups during her visit.

My friend Brenda P. (an aspiring designer herself) and I picked Maggie up and took her our to dinner at Sorrento Grill (my favorite kebab place!). We had a fabulous time...but Maggie barely got to eat! We made her talk too much, so she had to take most of her meal "to go". (By the way, the sweater that Brenda is wearing is her own design - isn't it gorgeous!)

Then it was off to the Purls of Distinction Knitting Guild meeting with Maggie! I had alerted the membership that I had a very special guest for the meeting and everyone was thrilled to meet her. It was such a fabulous surprise to have Maggie visit!

Maggie also brought several of her designs with her to our meeting, so we were even able to have an impromptu fashion show! We all "oohed" and "aahed" over her designs - and were amazed at how good they looked on everyone! Maggie definitely has a fabulous flair for fashions that will flatter everyone! While showing her fashions, she regaled us with numerous stories and knitting anecdotes. A good time was definitely had by all!






























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home