Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Fabulous Cookie A!

Wow! What a fabulous class! On Sept. 21, Nature's Yarns hosted a class taught by Cookie A. It was PERFECT! Yes, it's the same Cookie A of "Monkey Socks" and "Pomatomus Sock" fame. If you ever get a chance to take a class with her, DEFINITELY do so - you won't regret it! As you can see from these photos, there were many eager learners that spent the day knitting and designing with Cookie. (On the left is a shot of Cookie with Amy)





Cookie is a fabulous teacher...and we all had a lot of fun and learned a lot! We had lunch brought in so we were able to chat and mingle with Cookie while we ate as well. I managed to get a quick photo of Cookie with me and one with my friend, Mia.



The class was an all day class...and it was finished with a reception for Cookie where we could purchase some of her patterns and have her autograph them! Amy (the shop owner) and her sisters prepared a fabulous variety of luscious hors d'ouevres....but silly me forgot to take a picture of them! You'll just have to trust me when I say the snacks were both beautiful and delicious!

We designed and started knitting a sock while in the class. Of course, I selected a relatively simple sock as we had to "chart it"...ugh! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love charts.....NOT! Of course, the class got me so fired up that when I got home, I immediately had to work on my sock some more! My design isn't nearly as clever as Cookie's, but we all have to start somewhere. She was definitely inspiring - I can't wait to finish this pair of socks and design another set!

(Note: Text was ready on 10/2, thus the 10/2 date for the post. Photos weren't available until 10/19)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jody said…

    Wow! It looks like you had a great time!! I'm jealous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home