Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"Just Our Yarn" and Other Goodies

What a fabulous meeting! At our last knitting guild meeting (Purls of Distinction, Aug. 27), we invited Diane and Diane from "Just Our Yarn" for a talk and sale of their hand dyed yarn. They're a small company that's local to us....and they have FABULOUS yarns - mainly high-end yarns in silk, tencel, cashmere, or a blend. They've been in business for 4 years....and their eye for color and color combinations is awe inspiring. On the left, you can see Jill and Pamela checking out some of the samples and yarn.



Jill even tried her hand at modeling. What a fabulous model she made! You go girl! I can't remember the name of the shawl, but I believe it was designed to wrap so it wouldn't fall off the shoulders.





They showed us numerous GORGEOUS shawls and sweaters and we were all definitely inspired. Nearly all of their designs come with matching beads and are absolutely gorgeous! I managed to pick up three projects: "The Maple Tree Shawl", "The Vines Shawl", and "Petals". My only problem is finding the time to work on the projects! ARGH!


We had so much fun trying on the samples and selecting our projects that we ran out of time for guild elections! I don't think anyone had a problem with that - they all look like pretty happy shoppers to me! LOL!



Two of my friends had fabulous projects to show off. Yvonne's cross-stitched quilt for her first grandchild is an absolute work of art! Isn't it gorgeous? Over the past couple of months, I've been able to see the progress of some of the squares, but the individual squares paled in comparison with the final result. Each square is an individual cross-stitch - talk about a time consuming project! Definitely a labor of love!


Jerry (our premiere rug hooker) is working on another beautiful project. I just LOVE the little sheepie! I purchased a couple of canvases and some wool from Jerry a while back, but I have yet to find the time to even start the project! By the way, the canvases I purchased ALL have sheepies on them....I wouldn't have it any other way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home