Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, August 02, 2008

WOW! SP12 - I'm VERY Spoiled!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I have the most awesome spoiler! I just got back from vacation and started a great new job, so I've had no time to post until today - this past week has just flown by! I haven't even had a chance to post about the final day in Michigan and my trip home! I did manage to fire off a "thank you" to my spoiler earlier this week so she'd know that I received the package!


I just LOVE everything - especially the very cuddly alpaca yarn in an absolutely lovely purple color way - YUMMY!!! I also love the purple cotton wool in a lilac color. The package was chock full of tons of goodies - candies, bath time pampering supplies, stitch markers, a needle roll, several magazines, chocolate, tea, heart shaped note pad, and candles....whew! She even included a hand crafted "back scrubber" for me - I LOVE it!

Thanks again for the awesome package!


Now for answers to a couple of questions posted by the SP12 moderators:

Question 7: Favorite Place to Knit
I either like to knit on my couch, snuggled up with some supporting pillows (to prevent knitting fatique) or with a group of friends at a local coffee or sandwich shop. Coffee and cushioned seats are definitely added bonuses where ever I'm knitting!

Question 8: Favorite Summer Supper
On a hot summer evening, I love to have some refreshing home made chicken salad (with cilantro and dried cranberries) on a bed of lettuce with sliced garden fresh tomatoes on the side. Mmmmm!

Chicken Salad
===========
Dressing: Make a dressing of mayo (about 1/2 cup), sugar (1 tsp), a bit of milk (1 to 2 tbs.) and vinegar (1 to 2 tbs.)
(The dressing should be a bit on the runny side, so add more milk and or vinegar if needed to get a pleasant taste and consistency. Also, make SURE you stir the mayo, milk and sugar well BEFORE adding the vinegar or it could curdle)

Preparation: Cook 1 to 2 lbs of chicken and cool it down (I usually boil it). Cut it into chunks. Take a large handful of fresh cilantro (leaves only) and coarsely chop it (add more or less as per your preference - I love cilantro so I add quite a bit) Add a good handful of dried cranberries (I use about 1/2 of a 6 oz. package of "Ocean Spray Craisins") - again, put in more or less as per your preference. Cut up 3-4 spring onions (including about 1/2 of the green stems). Put cut up chicken, cilantro, "Craisins" and spring onions in a large bowl and gently mix. Add about 1/2 of the dressing. Stir well. Add more of the dressing until you have your preferred amount. Chill at least 3 hrs. to let the flavors blend (it's best if chilled over night). Serve on a bed of lettuce. (The cilantro and "Craisins" really make this a refreshing salad.) Enjoy!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SO glad you like everything! I'm still planning another package for you, so it occurred to me that I may have inadvertantly left my address on some of the mags -- if so, HI! If not, I'm still anonymous :-)

    To answer your earlier question, I didn't design the backscrubber. It's here.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - what a nice gift - like having Christmas in the middle of the summer. Looking forward to see what you make with the yarn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home