Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Sockotta Socks are Done!

Wahoo! Yesterday, I finished the Sockotta socks just as I'd planned. I'm a bit disturbed though....one sock is knit much tighter than the other, so there's about 1/4-1/2" difference in the foot circumference. This photo makes the difference look much greater, but it's just the angle. I suppose I could solve this problem by knitting "two socks at a time on circs", but I really don't do well on the circs as they make me knit very slowly!


The rest of the day was spent visiting with my aunt. I got to feed the farm kitties - it was quite a feeding frenzy as you can see! Out in the country, you need MANY cats to keep the mice under control - else, you end up with a house full of rodents! The kitties "storm" the door of the house the minute they see you coming out with the food and become your "best friend". Once the food is in the bowls, however, you no longer "exist" - LOL!

Here's a view of the farmland on my way back to mom and dad's. You can definitely see how flat this whole area is. It's quite pretty, but I do dearly miss the mountains and big hills when I'm out this way! Later that evening, I caught a nice sunset shot on the bridge over the Illinois River.









I ended my visit with mom and dad with Margaritas and quesidillas at "Mr. Salsas" in Oglesby. Mom claimed that their Margaritas were the best she's ever had. They were really good! They were very refreshing and we all enjoyed them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home