Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday!

This week has been wonderful! My DD was able to be here for my birthday - Wahoo! That's two years in a row! It was such a wonderful day - I never wanted it to end. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter! DH is quite fabulous as well. I'm definitely very blessed!

I received lots of "fibery" presents as well as some things that I'd been wanting for a long time - headsets for the gym and for the Metro and comfy Birkenstock Sandals. DH and DD made sure I was all set. I also received some rather eclectic gifts as well - DH is real good at finding the "unusual".


DH found an "electric" sheep that attaches to the USB port on my computer and lights up. Weird, huh? I guess it goes along with the "Electric Sheep" T-shirt I got for Christmas - LOL!




However, the "electric sheep" was not the weirdest of the gifts I received from DH. Oh, no. I also got my own plush "Thor" - complete with his trusted companion, the hammer - "Mjolnir".





My friend Lisa gave me an incredible stash of nested baskets for storing/toting my yarn and roving. The cool part is that they're somewhat rigid so they provide the perfect "safe spot" to keep my yarn or roving from rolling around as I knit or spin. Plus, they can double as decorative displays where I can creatively stash yarns and rovings and include them as part of my family room decor! How cool is that?


She also included a fabulous book, "Natural Dyes". She remembered how I went around "collecting" Queen Ann's Lace last fall to make natural dye and thought that perhaps I could use some additional ideas for natural dyes. The book is fabulous and shows the dyes and colors you can get with both wool and cotton. The final treat was a gorgeous pair of earrings with purple crystals - which I wore to my birthday dinner.

My sister even got into the "fiber act" this year. She found some wonderful chocolate colored Alpaca - yummy! It's such a deep, rich, brown....it looks good enough to eat! She also included a very cute "Singer Sewing" tin and some yummy "Milk Chocolate" scented body lotion. What a great sis!


My friend Kris, who's also a very gifted jewelry designer, sent me this fabulous necklace - in addition to the tons of gorgeous jewelry I purchased with my birthday coupon from her! This necklace is gorgeous! I have several pieces that she's created - too many items to count! If you like creative and unique jewelry, you definitely need to check her out. Her prices are very reasonable and she's a joy to deal with - KBK's Jewelry Shop.


Coincidentally, I received a fabulous package from my Ravelry "Shawls and Lace" Monthly Adventures pal, Nancy. I got to open that package on my birthday as well, so it felt like I'd received even MORE presents. (I'm starting to feel a bit spoiled here....). The yarn is for making the Cleopatra Shawl that's in the book - I can't wait to start it! Thanks so much Nancy!!!!

I even received a birthday card from my Secret Pal for SP12 - what a nice surprise! I obviously have a very thoughtful Secret Pal. Thanks for thinking of me!

We ended the evening with a fabulous dinner at the "Russia House" - a very nice restaurant that serves the most fabulous meals! Their vodka selection is fabulous - and they have some very interesting drinks. I had their version of the chocolate martini - mmmmm! We started the meal with a wonderful Caesar salad (prepared table side) and ended it with their fabulous chocolate mousse. The entire day was just perfect!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    belated felicitations, Jinann.
    sounds a lovely day
    xxxx

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks Enid - it was a very lovely day.

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Happy Belated Birthday Wishes Honey!

    Great haul. :)

    I've just noticed, do you celebrate your birthday all year round?? :D

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL - it seems like I'm always celebrating, doesn't it?

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. =D

    (Also? Gorgeous colours on that hand-dyed silk.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home