Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh, Deer!

Sorry about the play on words, but we happened to find a deer during one of our dog walks this past week. In fact, the whole week has been a reminder of how beautiful and diverse our natural surroundings are. Keep in mind, I live in the suburbs in a subdivision.....but we have some a small smattering of natural meadows and small groves of trees nestled in among all the homes. This brings the beauty of nature to our back yards.....literally!

Above are photos of the deer we encountered on the dog walk (click on the photos for a closer view). Sandy (my shepherd-husky mix) is quite intrigued by the "interesting creature". I'm suspecting that she thinks it's a funny looking dog....and wants to meet it!


A couple of days after that, we discovered what we believe is a snapping turtle nestled under our downspout in the back yard. (Of course, I didn't let Sandy get close enough to determine if it was a "snapper" or not!)



I also managed to capture some lovely photos of the roses from my second rose bush - I LOVE the color of these....a coral-pink. I've taken a closeup of the one - I just love it! Although both roses bloomed at about the same time the first one matured quicker than the other - as you can see in the second photo.

Next post.....back to knitting/spinning. I just thought it would be nice to celebrate nature for a change.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    Once upon a time I had my colors "done." I found out that I am an "Autumn," which was not a surprise with my red hair and freckles. Doing the colors on my own, I was trying like heck to be a "winter," but no such luck.

    One of the things I found out was that teal is a good color for all four "seasons," so it is no wonder you love it!

    Ruth

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger cathy said…

    I, for one, enjoy seeing the wildlife and your beautiful roses. Knitting's always fun, but there are other great things in life, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home