Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, June 14, 2008

How are YOU planning to celebrate "International Knit In Public Day"?

Today is "International Knit in Public Day". How are you planning to celebrate?

I will celebrating by attending the Potomac Celtic Festival at Morvan Park in Leesburg. I'll be enjoying the bards, the fabulous music, living history displays, and all the other festivities. While enjoying some of the shows, I'll be knitting on my latest pair of socks. Hopefully it won't be too hot - it's not overly enjoyable to knit when it's 90 degrees in the shade!

I'll finish the day teaching a drop-spindle spinning workshop at the festival with a few of my friends. It should be a lot of fun! This is the 3rd year I've done it...and I really look forward to it! I always have a great time!

If you're in the Reston/Herndon area, the very friendly girls of the Reston SnB are planning to meet at 11 am by the Fountain in Reston Town Center for a few hours of "Knitting in Public". Bring your knitting and join them! They're a very welcoming bunch - you'll enjoy it!

If you're not in the area, check out your local paper or LYS to see if there are any events in your area....or better yet, put together your own celebration!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alas, I couldn't really celebrate KIP day as it was rather rainy here. I was not impressed :(

    Next year, maybe :)

    Found you through the SP12 participants list. Hope you don't mind me commenting :)

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knit at the beach. =D Not terribly public, as the dog and I were alone, but still. It was outside.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Oh, Laura....it turns out it rained here too. I was able to knit in the morning, but at the Celtic Festival, we had some big thunderstorms in the afternoon! And of course....I don't mind that you commented!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home