Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Frying Pan Park Sheep and Wool - May 10

On Saturday, several of us volunteered to help at the Frying Pan Park with the Sheep and Wool Day. Most of us were from the Purls of Distinction Knitting Guild. This is the 5th time we've been asked to perform demos at the park as part of the festival. This year there were 5 of us helping out - Jo Anne, Kay, Jo, Brenda, and me. Unfortunately Brenda left before I managed to get a photo of the group.

It was a bit chilly and rainy, but several folks still came out to see the sheep shearing, puppet shows, and to see the baby animals. As always, we had an absolute blast chatting with the kids and the parents about everything dealing with sheep, knitting, spinning and weaving. This is such a fun event - it's all about the kids and family fun.

I took a short break and happened to catch part of a sheep shearing demo. The expression on this sheep's face seems to say, "Oh... the indignity!" As summer arrives, I'm sure this sheep will be glad that to have shorn the "winter coat".


We shared the barn with the Capital Alpacas. The alpacas were very very cute. They even got to go out for a stroll.













I love all the fabulous shawls, scarves, and tops that they've made out of Alpaca. It's so soft!





Of course I had to take numerous photos of all the animals. In the barn, I found a very friendly sheep that loved to pose and the Mama with the "glowing eyes". The goats were romping all about and stumbling over each other - you know how kids must play...LOL! I also found some very hungry little piggies.



The little lamb in front nibbled and licked my knee so much that it tickled. Every time I stood by the fence, the little lamb would rush over to nuzzle and lick my knee. After a while, it tickled so much that I had to back away. The little lamb then toddled over to nibble on someone else - it was so cute!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger cathy said…

    This looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing it!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    It was a lot of fun! I look forward to doing this every year. The kids are just so intrigued by the spinning wheels....I love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home