Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mountain Views and Amazing Threads

Driving through the mountains to and from Catskill Rose provided many opportunities for me to photograph the mountains. Although the trees weren't yet "waking" and "greening", the views were still stunning. Sorry for the reflections in some of the shots....it's nearly impossible to avoid when taking photos from inside a moving vehicle.....especially when the sun bursts through!



















Saturday morning hubby took me to Amazing Threads for their anniversary sale. I bought a few things, but mainly chatted with the shop owners. There is good amount of space in the shop and lots of wonderful things to oggle and purchase. It's always a very relaxing a fun time when I visit this shop - no pressure, just inspiration!

Since my last visit, it seems that they've become more focused on weaving and spinning than they had in the past. They had many lovely shawls and scarves that they'd made using the Kromski Harp. Once again, I was inspired by the variety of projects that I can make with a very basic and portable loom.

And yes, I did make a couple of purchases - surprise, surprise! I bought some fabulous merino/angora 50/50 blend yarn - Cloud 9 by Plymouth. It's perfect for making more bed socks for my mom. In addition to the yarn, I purchased a new Sheep....Lollipop. She's so cute - and she even walks!



My most surprising purchase was the button to officially finish my Mr. Greenjeans sweater. It was complete except for the button. I found a button that looked like it would be the PERFECT match for the sweater...and it was! It even has the subtle shading that the yarn has - and I "matched it" without having the sweater with me! Even DH was impressed with the near perfect match. I still can't believe that I was able to find the perfect button so easily!

Next stop - Seaman Park and the Old Sawyer Gristmill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home